Thursday 22 February 2018

Tampa, Tampa, Tampa.

A rare hounding outing.  Even rarer in Ottawa.  Went to the hotel with Cory to get the Lightning before practice.  As expected, most of them came out at once.  Saw Victor Hedman, Ondrej Palat, Steven Stamkos, and a couple others come out.  Stamkos was who I saw first, so I called him over and he signed a puck for me aaaaaaaaand .................. that was it.  At least I got Stamkos.

Came back for game time.  I haven't done this for a while so I didn't recognize a lot of the players.  Thank God Steve and a few Tampa fans helped me with some of the players. I was going to try for Stamkos again, but he got mobbed by about 50 school kids who were on some class trip, so I didn't bother.  Most of the team seemed pretty good to sign, considering there weren't that many of us there.  When I was getting Anton Stralman, he noticed an old Upper Deck card of assistant coach Todd Richards in a green Whalers jersey in the corner of my page.  He said, "Holy shit, is that Richie?"  I wasn't sure who he was talking about at first until he pointed to the card.  Chris Kunitz and a couple of others came over and had a good laugh.  They even took pictures it to show him.  Let's see if any of them post it on twitter.

Overall, it went pretty good.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll try hounding a bit more this year!

Who I got:

Ryan Callahan x3
Yanni Gourde x1
Victor Hedman x1
Tyler Johnson x2
Nikita Kucherov x2 (Special thanks to Steve for helping me here)
Chris Kunitz x1
Brayden Point x6
Mikhail Sergachev x1
Steven Stamkos x1
Anton Stralman x4












And here's the Todd Richards card the players were laughing at.


No comments:

Post a Comment