Saturday 24 February 2018

Thursday TTM and another trip to Kingston

Found out yesterday that Darryl Sittler was doing a signing in Kingston.  Normally I don't drive that far for one player, but Scott was looking for a ride from Brockville, and since I was going that way, I offered to pick him up.  We arrived a bit early, so we had breakfast and went to line up.  Despite the long line up, people at the front were getting 8-9 things signed at a time.  When our turn was coming up, they cut it down to two per ( I managed to sneak a third in).  It was a bit of a piss off that they didn't enforce it earlier.  First World problems.

Scott couldn't stay so I figured I'd drive him back home and back to Kingston in time for the second signing.  I made it back just in time.  A father and his son in front of me didn't have anything (it was originally supposed to be Frank Mahovlich, but he cancelled and Sittler replaced him).  I offered them two of the cards I had (it's not like I was going to get them signed anyway) if they could get me the Team Canada puck signed that I had.  They had no problems with it and I got 2 more cards signed on top of it.  The line up was small, so I thought I'd try a third time.  I made sure I was the last person so I wouldn't cut anyone off.  I showed him the last three cards I had and Darryl was like, "You again?"  I promised I wouldn't put them on eBay (not that I'd get anything for them) and he laughed and signed them.

All together I got 9 items signed (including one for Beth), and Scott got his set cards signed so it was a good trip.




Note how the autograph got shorter as time went on!


And my ttm return

Fredrik Modin
c/o Home
01/04 - 02/22
4/4

Address from SCF


No comments:

Post a Comment