Saturday 17 November 2018

The "Other" Card Show

I went to the local card show last week to see what was there.  It kind of sucks, because it takes place during the same weekend as the Toronto Expo.  I still found some stuff.  I got a base set of 2017-18 Upper Deck Series One for $3 and a set of 2014-15 OPC Platinum for $30.  Last show, the guy selling the Platinum set wanted $40 for it.  The show before that, he wanted $50.  I guess if I waited for 3 shows, I could've gotten it for free.  Someone had a jumbo box of 2014-15 OPC Platinum for $90, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Rainbow Parallels



Retro Parallels



Retro Rainbow Parallel



Black is numbered /100


Traxxxxx, or whatever the hell these are called.


White Ice #/199 (though it looks more greyish to me)


Blue Trax #/65


Black Ice #/25 (again, looks more grey or silver)


A couple of nice looking die-cut inserts.


A couple of rookie signatures (Blue Duclair is #/25)



This box was a lot more fun to open than I thought it would be.  I was actually excited to see what was in each pack.  Love the base and retro design, as well as the die cut inserts.  2 hard signed autographs per box is a nice touch.  Not sure how rare the blue trax are, but considering I pulled 5 and they're numbered to just 65, I'm a little surprised I pulled that many.  I was just glad I didn't pull any redemptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment